Date(s) - 12/12/2018 - 14/12/2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
JTL Level 3 Certificate in Pool Plant Operations
Target Learners for the Pool Plant Operators Course:
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the Active Leisure sector as a lifeguard or leisure attendant.
- Sport and recreation organisations with a need to train their staff to an agreed nationally recognised standard as Pool Plant Operators.
- Those involved in looking after the pool plant room day-to- day, or who are responsible for the management of pool complex’s or swimming pool water treatment plant.
Pool Plant Operator Course Aims:This qualification provides the necessary underpinning knowledge to understand the requirements for efficient and safe pool plant operation in today's high tech swimming pool industry and includes: * The design and operation of swimming pool plant. * How to maintain water that is in "balance" and is safe and pleasant to swim in. * The principles of testing pool water and the remedial action required to restore ideal conditions. * The technical requirements for ensuring the safe and effective operation of the pool plant.
Objectives:On completion of the JTL Pool Plant Operators Course, the learner should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The responsibilities of pool operators to provide a safe pool environment.
- The causes of swimming pool water contamination.
- The importance of good pre-swim hygiene
- The importance of good cleanliness in the swimming pool environment
- The principles of a simple swimming pool water circulation system
- The recommended temperatures for pool water
- The principles of pool water chemical dosing
- The essential tests to ensure swimming pool water quality
- The importance of maintaining swimming pool water quality
- The importance of good record keeping
- Correct pool water testing techniques
- The importance of safe and effective swimming pool management
- The legislation which affect swimming pool operations
- The different types of infections associated with poor pool water quality and hygiene
- The implications of the mains water supply in the treatment of swimming pool water
- Testing of the mains water supply
- The circulation systems of swimming pools
- How to control the disinfection of pool water
- The principles involved in chlorinating swimming pool water
- How to maintain balanced pool water
- Water testing for swimming pool water
- The principles of heating and ventilating the swimming pool environment
- The staged processes of pool water treatment
- The different approaches to swimming pool filtration systems
- The process of backwashing a filtration system
- The different types of valves commonly used in swimming pool plant
- Backwashing of the filtration system
- The risks involved in the storage and use of chemicals for the treatment of swimming pool water
- The hydraulic flow of swimming pool water
CostThe course fees are £270.00 + VAT. You can pay at the time of booking through PayPal, Credit Card (through the PayPal function) and by invoice. (External accreditation is available at extra cost)
Bookings are closed for this event.