Date(s) - 15/12/2014 - 17/12/2014
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Leigh Indoor Sports Centre
CategoriesPool Technical Management Diploma (Level 4) Course description This three day programme stands alone as a valuable CPD opportunity both for facility managers and also for those who are aspiring/progressing towards management positions. The course content is based around the PWTAG Swimming Pool Water Treatment and Quality Standards for Pools and Spas and The Management of Health & Safety in Swimming Pools (HSE) HSG 179 publications. This qualification will help swimming pool managers, those with the responsibility for the operation of a swimming pool, and duty officers to manage more effectively the conditions that determine swimming pool water quality, engineering and technical services and oversee the work of outside engineering firms operating on service contracts. This unit also aims to enable the candidate to develop a deeper understanding of issues addressed in other pool plant operator courses by moving the focus from operator level to management level, and by exploring and understanding the influences and processes involved in running swimming pools safely and efficiently. Course Aims The unit aims to enable the learner to:
- understand the importance and implications of good pool design
- develop a deeper understanding of pool water filtration.
- develop a greater understanding of the pool water disinfection processes and systems
- appreciate the importance of managing hygiene in pools,
- recognise the need for microbiological testing and the significance of the results in interpreting the actions required, including necessary closure.
- understand the importance of planned regular maintenance of pools, pumps, boilers and environmental control systems.
- appreciate the importance of managing chemical safety within the facility
- have an awareness of need for efficient energy use relating to swimming pools.
- develop the knowledge and understanding gained on previous pool plant operator courses.
Bookings are closed for this event.