Date(s) - 30/01/2019 - 31/01/2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Leigh Indoor Sports Centre
School & Hydrotherapy Pool Training Course
The School & Hydrotherapy Pool Training course is a two day programme designed specifically for school caretakers and operators of small commercial pools, school pools and hydrotherapy pools in order for them to develop the knowledge required to operate the pool, including pool water treatment, an understanding of the various items of plant and equipment and the ability to interpret water testing results.
This qualification is intended to provide school caretakers and physiotherapists etc with the skills and knowledge to:
• Test the pool water
• Understand the factors that contribute to pool water quality
• Explain to bathers what can affect pool water quality
• Understand the importance of good hygiene and cleanliness in and around the swimming pool
• Understand pool water filtration and the engineering principles of pool plant operations
School & Hydrotherapy Pool Training Course Objectives:
On completion of this qualification the learner should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
• The importance of maintaining the quality of pool water and the possible consequences of not doing so
• The principles involved in maintaining the quality of pool water
• How to carry out the essential pool water tests
• How to identify problems with pool water
• Backwashing filters
• How the typical pool plant components function and operate
Qualification Structure and Unit Content
The School & Hydrotherapy Pool Training course comprises of three mandatory units:
Unit 1 Principles of Pool Plant Operations
Unit 2 Principles and Practice of Pool Water Testing
Unit 3 Pool water filtration and understanding the engineering principles of pool plant operations
The course is based around the Active IQ Level 2 Award in Pool Plant Operation
The Active IQ Award in Pool Plant Operations
is accredited at level 2 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
• This qualification provides progression on to Level 2 NVQ in Operational Services
• Alternatively, learners can progress to the Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Pool Plant Operations.
Successful achievement of both units must be achieved for the full qualification.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
• School caretakers
• Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in a leisure or swimming pool environment
• Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification
• Anyone who has a need to know how to test pool water properly
Cost is £225 + VAT. You can pay by invoice, PayPal or Credit Card (Through the PayPal button).