Date(s) - 12/12/2018 - 13/12/2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
JTL School & Hydrotherapy Pool Operator CertificateOutline: The JTL School & Hydrotherapy Pool Operator Certificate course is a two day programme designed specifically for school caretakers and operators of small commercial pools, school pools and hydrotherapy pools in order for them to develop the knowledge required to operate the pool, including pool water treatment, an understanding of the various items of plant and equipment and the ability to interpret water testing results.
Course Objectives:On completion of this qualification the learner should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The responsibilities of pool operators to provide a safe pool environment.
- The causes of swimming pool water contamination.
- The importance of good pre-swim hygiene
- The importance of good cleanliness in the swimming pool environment
- The principles of a simple swimming pool water circulation systems
- The recommended temperatures for pool water
- The basic principles of pool water chemical dosing
- The essential tests to ensure swimming pool water quality
- The importance of maintaining swimming pool water quality
- The importance of good record keeping
- Correct pool water testing techniques
- The importance of safe and effective swimming pool management
- The legislation which affect swimming pool operations
- Testing of the mains water supply
- The circulation systems of swimming pools
- How to control the disinfection of pool water
- The principles involved in chlorinating swimming pool water
- How to maintain balanced pool water
- The different approaches to swimming pool filtration systems
- The process of backwashing a filtration system
- The risks involved in the storage and use of chemicals for the treatment of swimming pool water
Bookings are closed for this event.