Level 4 Diploma in Active Leisure Management
This programme provides a comprehensive grounding in the knowledge required to effectively manage active leisure facilities in the 21st century.
It is the ideal course for those wishing to enhance their current management skills in the sport and recreation industry, or to develop such skills for those who aspire to a career in sport and recreation management.
The course contains twelve units which are all individually certificated:
- The Sport, Recreation and Active Leisure Environment
- Marketing in the Active Leisure Industry
- Financial Management in the Active Leisure Industry
- Human Resource Management in the Active Leisure Industry
- Service Development and Monitoring in active leisure
- Environmental and Ethical Issues in the Active Leisure Industry
- Aspects of Design and Technical Operations within Active Leisure
- Managing Active Leisure and Sports Facilities safely
- Quality and Customer Care Management in the Active Leisure Industry
- Event Management in the Active Leisure Industry
- Retail Management in the Active Leisure Industry
- Crowd Safety and Event Control in the Active Leisure Industry
To achieve the full qualification the learner needs to successfully complete all 12 units.
For learners who do not wish to study for the whole qualification, it is possible for learners to undertake any number or combination of individual units, which can be individually certificated.
Mode of delivery
The programme is delivered by distance learning with and tutorial support.
All learners will be supported by having their own individual mentors with whom they will have e-mail and telephone access.
All mentors have considerable managerial, academic and teaching experience and are recognised as industry leaders in the practical application of all the management units comprising the Level 4 Diploma in Active Leisure Management.
A comprehensive course manual will be provided for each of the Units
Assessment is by a series of work based assignments
Who is the course suitable for?
This qualification is suitable for those currently employed in the active leisure sector, in particular:
- Leisure Centre Managers
- Leisure Centre Assistant Managers
- Sports & Community Development Officers/Managers
- Events Managers
- Health Club Managers
- Independent Sports Club Managers
- Managers of Sports Stadia
- Independent Operators of Health/Sports/Leisure Facilities
This qualification is also suitable for those who aren’t currently employed in the leisure sector, in particular:
- Graduates of Sports Studies/Leisure Management
- Graduates of Sports & Exercise Science
- Suitably experienced/mature learners who are seeking a career change to Leisure
- Armed Services Personnel who are leaving the Forces and are seeking to start a new career in Leisure/Sports Management
Pre- requisites for enrolment
Normally candidates should hold qualifications at a minimum of level 3 e.g. A level, National Diploma, NVQ level 3, Advanced Apprenticeships, However, mature candidates with significant experience in management or relevant industry experience will also be accepted where this can be evidenced (e.g. by employers reference).
The course is jointly accredited by the APLT and Johnson Training
The Alliance of Professional Leisure Trainers (APLT) is a professional body and an elite academy of industry experts who communicate knowledge and good practice, and seek to change attitudes and improve the skills that help leisure professionals become more effective in their workplaces. Only those trainers that conform to the highest standards are accepted into the Alliance.
Members of the Alliance are required to sign up to the Alliance’s code of conduct. This is intended to demonstrate to employers that there is a commitment to delivering the highest quality education and training programmes to the highest of professional standards, whilst embracing the ethos of continuous improvement.
Jim Johnson represents the APLT on the board of PWTAG.
The cost of the programme is £1500.00 plus VAT per learner
If you require further details please contact the Course Director:
Tel: 01942 708797 or 07966 522 082