Swimming Pool Plant Operator and Specialist Technical Training for the Leisure industry
Johnson Training Ltd is a specialist training organisation, with over twenty five years experience of delivering industry-based training to the highest standards. We provide all levels of Pool Plant Training Courses.
We have hundreds of satisfied clients both in the public, private and educational sectors, with thousands of satisfied learners.
We are able to provide training programmes accredited by:
- Active IQ
- City and Guilds
- PALM Academy
- Johnson Training
The Pool Plant Training courses coming up are:
Wild Pheasant Hotel, Llangollen
|Hot Tub Operators Course||7th November||£175 + VAT|
|Level 2 Foundation 1 day course||7th November||£150 + VAT|
|School and Hydrotherapy Pool Training Course||7th-8th November||£250 + VAT|
|Spa Pool Operator Training course||7th November||£175 + VAT|
|Level 3, 3 day Full Pool Plant Operator Course||7th-19th November||£290 + VAT|
|Level 3, 2 day upgrade Pool Plant course||8th-9th November||£225 + VAT|
|Revalidation/Refresher course||9th November||£150 + VAT|
Palatine Leisure Centre, Blackpool
|Hot Tub Operators Course||8th November||£175 + VAT|
|Level 2 Foundation 1 day course||8th November||£150 + VAT|
|School and Hydrotherapy Pool Training Course||8th-9th November||£250 + VAT|
|Spa Pool Operator Training course||8th November||£175 + VAT|
|Level 3, 3 day Full Pool Plant Operator Course||8th-10th November||£290 + VAT|
|Level 3, 2 day upgrade Pool Plant course||9th-10th November||£225 + VAT|
|Revalidation/Refresher course||10th November||£150 + VAT|
Long Ashes Caravan Park, Skipton
|Hot Tub Operators Course||4th December||£175 + VAT|
|Level 2 Foundation 1 day course||4th December||£150 + VAT|
|School and Hydrotherapy Pool Training Course||4th-5th December||£250 + VAT|
|Spa Pool Operator Training course||4th December||£175 + VAT|
|Level 3, 3 day Full Pool Plant Operator Course||4th-6th December||£290 + VAT|
|Level 3, 2 day upgrade PPO||5th-6th December||£225 + VAT|
|Revalidation/Refresher course||6th December||£150 + VAT|
Leigh Indoor Sports Centre, Lancs
|Hot Tub Operators Course||6th December||£175 + VAT|
|Level 2 Foundation 1 day course||6th December||£150 + VAT|
|School and Hydrotherapy Pool Training Course||6th-7th December||£250 + VAT|
|Spa Pool Operator Training course||6th December||£175 + VAT|
|Level 3, 3 day Full Pool Plant Operator Course||6th-8th December||£290 + VAT|
|Level 3, 2 day upgrade PPO||7th-8th December||£225 + VAT|
|Revalidation/Refresher course||8th December||£150 + VAT|
DW Leisure, Wigan
|Pool Technical Management Diploma Level 4||8-10 January 2018||£375 + VAT|
|PTMD 2 day upgrade for those just completed Level 3)||9-10 January 2018||£275 + VAT|
There are more dates and venues added continually.
Here is a list of the different courses provided by Johnson Training Ltd
For more information on each course click on the course title.
The Active IQ Certificate in Swimming Pool Plant Operations is accredited at Level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). This is a three day course covering the following subject areas:
- Sport and recreation organisations with a need to train their staff to an agreed nationally recognised standard in pool plant operations
- Those involved in the day-to- day plant operation, or responsible for the management of complex pool water treatment plant.
- Individuals in the industry who wish to have their experience and knowledge recognised by a formal qualification.
- Students who want to go into sport and recreation as a career and who wish to undertake the most industry relevant qualification in preparation
- School caretakers
- Holiday park operatives
- Anyone who has a need to know how to test pool water properly
The Foundation Pool Plant Qualification is a one day course which is aimed at providing front-line staff such as lifeguards and fitness instructors with the skills and knowledge to do the following:
- Test the pool water
- Understand the factors that contribute to pool water quality
- Explain to bathers what can affect pool water quality
- Understand the importance of good hygiene and cleanliness in and around the swimming pool
This one day course may be delivered as an in-house training course, subject to numbers, or as Day 1 of the Level 3 course, and covers the following subjects:
- Introduction to hot tubs
- Pollution of hot tub water
- Hot Tub Water testing
- Hot Tub hygiene and cleaning
- Hot Tub plant and circulation system
- Chemical treatment of hot tub water
- Types of filters and backwashing/cleaning of filters
- Chemical dosing methods
- Health issues and chemical safety related to hot tubs
- Bacteriological testing of hot tubs
This one day course may be delivered as an in-house training course, subject to numbers, or as Day 1 and 2 of the Level 3 course, and covers the following subjects:
- Introduction to spa pools
- Pollution of spa pool water
- Spa Pool Water testing
- Spa pool hygiene and cleaning
- Spa pool plant and circulation system
- Chemical treatment of spa pool water
- Types of filters and backwashing/cleaning of filters
- Chemical dosing methods
- Health issues and chemical safety related to spa pools
- Bacteriological testing of spa pools.
It is important that all training is suitable, sufficient and current. The credentials of the trainer is also important. HSE and the authorities do not specify which qualification should be undertaken and there is no requirement for operators names to be included on a register. There is however, a need for the organisation to prove that the training has been suitable, sufficient and current.
Pool plant qualifications do not expire as such, but they do need to be kept up to date, i.e. current.
Our Update/Refresher Course – Maintaining Currency programme meets this need. It is aimed at operators who want to update their qualification, irrespective of who accredited it in the first place, and providing that they are still working with pool plant, or managing pools, they can attend the course and will be issued with a certificate confirming that the update training has taken place, and this would demonstrate to the authorities that update training has been provided. The course is accredited by Active IQ
This course aims to enable the learner to:
- understand the importance and implications of good pool design
- develop a deeper understanding of pool water filtration.
- develop a greater understanding of the pool water disinfection processes and systems
- appreciate the importance of managing hygiene in pools,
- recognise the need for microbiological testing and the significance of the results in interpreting the actions required, including necessary closure.
- understand the importance of planned regular maintenance of pools, pumps, boilers and environmental control systems.
- appreciate the importance of managing chemical safety within the facility
- have an awareness of need for efficient energy use relating to swimming pools.
- develop the knowledge and understanding gained on previous pool plant operator courses.
It is delivered at a National NQF Level 4, and provides additional CPD opportunity for learners and also provides progression pathway from previous Pool Plant Operator training.
Uniquely, our provison of programmes include courses from Level 1 up to Level 4
We can also provide bespoke pool plant training designed to meet your training needs.
Please ring for a chat to discuss your requirements 01942 366209 or 07841 561153
Book with confidence!
Our Principal consultant is Jim Johnson, FAPLT, MCMI, MISPE, ASTA.
Jim is a Fellow of the Alliance of Professional Leisure Trainers (APLT).
The APLT is a professional body and an elite academy of industry experts who communicate knowledge and good practice, and seek to change attitudes and improve the skills that help leisure professionals become more effective in their workplaces.
Only those trainers that conform to the highest standards are accepted into the Alliance.
Members of the Alliance are required to sign up to the Alliance’s code of conduct. This is intended to demonstrate to employers that there is a commitment to delivering the highest quality education and training programmes to the highest of professional standards, whilst embracing the ethos of continuous improvement.Johnson Training: Committed to excellence in training