Level 2 Pool Plant Operator Qualifications
We offer a suite of level 2 courses which can be delivered face to face or online.
The courses range from pool water testing through to a pool plant operations course.
The following specification covers the Active IQ qualification.
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Pool Plant Operations
The Active IQ Level 2 Award in Pool Plant Operations is accredited at level 2 on the Regulated Qualification Framework (RGF).
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
This qualification is intended to provide front-line staff who work in a swimming pool environment with the skills and knowledge to:
- Test the pool water
- Understand the factors that contribute to pool water quality
- Explain to bathers what can affect pool water quality
- Understand the importance of good hygiene and cleanliness in and around the swimming pool
On completion of this qualification the learner should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The responsibilities of pool operators to provide a safe pool environment.
- The causes of swimming pool water contamination.
- The importance of good pre-swim hygiene
- The importance of good cleanliness in the swimming pool environment
- The principles of a simple swimming pool water circulation system
- The recommended temperatures for pool water
- The principles of pool water chemical dosing
- The essential tests to ensure swimming pool water quality
- The importance of maintaining swimming pool water quality
- The importance of good record keeping
- Correct pool water testing techniques
This qualification provides progression on to the Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Swimming Pool Plant Operations.
alternatively, learners can progress to the Level 2 NVQ in Operational Services
Links to NOS
This qualification has direct links to the NOS in Operational Services
Qualification Structure and Unit Content
This qualification comprises of two mandatory units:
Unit 1 Principles of Swimming Pool Plant Operations
Unit 2 Principles and Practice of Swimming Pool Water Testing
Successful achievement of both units is required to gain the full qualification.
The qualification is assessed by completion of a workbook.
This course can be delivered on site at your premises subject to there being sufficient candidates and the appropriateness of the venue
Johnson Training can deliver bespoke pool plant training courses on your site.
Contact Us for further details