Pool Technical Management Diploma (Level 4)
The Pool Technical Management Diploma is a 3 day programme totally unique to Johnson Training Ltd. If you have completed a Level 3 course in the last 6 months, then you need only do the 2 day upgrade course. If it is outside the 6 months, then we would ask that you also book on a Level 3 Refresher course to update your knowledge prior to attending this course. The total cost of the 3 days will be £375 + VAT.
The Pool Technical Management Diploma stands alone as a valuable CPD opportunity both for facility managers and also for those who are aspiring/progressing towards management positions. The course content is based around the PWTAG Swimming Pool Water Treatment and Quality Standards for Pools and Spas and The Management of Health & Safety in Swimming Pools (HSE) HSG 179 publications.
The Pool Technical Management Diploma qualification will help swimming pool managers, those with the responsibility for the operation of a swimming pool, and duty officers to manage the conditions that determine swimming pool water quality in a more effective way; engineering and technical services and oversee the work of outside engineering firms operating on service contracts.
This unit also aims to enable the candidate to develop a deeper understanding of issues addressed in other pool plant operator courses by moving the focus from operator level to management level, and by exploring and understanding the influences and processes involved in running swimming pools safely and efficiently.
Course Aims of the Pool Technical Management Diploma
The unit aims to enable the learner to:
- understand the importance and implications of good pool design
- develop a deeper understanding of pool water filtration.
- develop a greater understanding of the pool water disinfection processes and systems
- appreciate the importance of managing hygiene in pools,
- recognise the need for microbiological testing and the significance of the results in interpreting the actions required, including necessary closure.
- understand the importance of planned regular maintenance of pools, pumps, boilers and environmental control systems.
- appreciate the importance of managing chemical safety within the facility
- have an awareness of need for efficient energy use relating to swimming pools.
- develop the knowledge and understanding gained on previous pool plant operator courses.
This qualification is delivered at a notional Level 4, and provides additional CPD opportunity for learners and also provides progression pathway from previous Pool Plant Operator training.
The course is assessed by a 2000 word work-based project addressing the learning outcomes detailed above.
On completion of the programme, successful candidates will be issued with the Pool Technical Management Diploma (Level 4) and also the Active IQ Level 3 CPD Pool Plant Operations Update/Refresher Certificate*.
Accreditation of Prior Learning
If you have completed the Active IQ level 3 Certificate in Swimming Pool Operations (QCF), in the last six months, there is no need to attend the first day of the course, *in this case, the Active IQ Update/Refresher Certificate is not issued.
Course fees are reduced for the two day version of the course to reflect this.
The cost of the three day course is £375.00 plus VAT
The cost of the two day course is £275.00 plus VAT