STA Level 2 Award in Swimming Pool Water Testing (QCF)
The Swimming Pool Water Testing qualification aims to provide the basic information needed and skills necessary to competently test swimming pool and spa water, and to provide a basic understanding of the outcomes of those tests.
Pre-requisites: Be of 16 years of age or older
Validity of Award: This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Length of Course: 4 Recommended Guided Learning Hours.
The Swimming Pool Water Testing qualification covers:
• The principles of water testing
• Chemical tests, the practical water test knowledge of where to take samples from and the measurement method
• How to use a comparator and photometer
• How to obtain free chlorine, combined chlorine and pH readings of pool water
• The understanding and interpretation of those readings
• The importance of maintaining break point chlorination and pH balance
• The effect of pH reading on disinfection assessment
The assessment criteria are as follows:
• Satisfactorily complete the course manual and end-of-course worksheet
• Undertake practical water testing, analysis and interpretation
This qualification requires revalidation every 3 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.