Level 2 Pool Plant Operator Courses
Do You Want…
We offer a suite of level 2 courses which can be delivered face to face or online. The courses range from pool water testing through to a pool plant operations course.
The following specification covers the Active IQ Level 2 Award in Pool Operations (RQF).
The Active IQ Level 2 Award in Pool Operations (RQF) is accredited at level 2 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
Entry requirements: There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- Learners aged 16+.
- Learners considering a career in the active leisure sector.
- Lifeguards who need to know how to test pool water
- School caretakers who need to know how to test pool water
- Volunteers who need to know how to test pool water
- Holiday park operatives
- Learners wishing to develop a basic understanding of the operations of swimming pools and other types of pools.
Purpose: The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with a basic understanding of the operations of swimming pools and other types of pools and provide the knowledge and skills required to be able to competently carry out pool water testing.
Progression: This qualification provides progression on to:
- Apprenticeships within the active leisure sector
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Operating Small Pools (RQF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Managing Pool Operations (RQF)
Links to National Standards:
The qualification is underpinned by the overarching professional standards for:
- Pool plant operations
This qualification is intended to provide front-line staff who work in a swimming pool environment with the skills and knowledge to:
- Test the pool water
- Understand the factors that contribute to pool water quality
- Explain to bathers what can affect pool water quality
- Understand the importance of good hygiene and cleanliness in and around the swimming pool
On completion of this qualification the learner should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The responsibilities of pool operators to provide a safe pool environment.
- The causes of swimming pool water contamination.
- The importance of good pre-swim hygiene
- The importance of good cleanliness in the swimming pool environment
- The principles of a simple swimming pool water circulation system
- The recommended temperatures for pool water
- The principles of pool water chemical dosing
- The essential tests to ensure swimming pool water quality
- The importance of maintaining swimming pool water quality
- The importance of good record keeping
- Correct pool water testing techniques
Qualification Structure and Unit Content
This qualification comprises of two mandatory units:
Unit 1 Principles of Swimming Pool Plant Operations
Unit 2 Principles and Practice of Swimming Pool Water Testing
Successful achievement of both units is required to gain the full qualification.
Both units are assessed by completing a workbook (Learner Achievement Portfolio)
This course can be delivered on site at your premises subject to there being sufficient candidates and the appropriateness of the venue.
Johnson Training Ltd can deliver bespoke pool plant training courses on your site.
Contact Us for further details
Johnson Training Ltd www.johnsontraining.co.uk Tel: 07841561153