Pool Water Testing
Do You Want…
We do not have a Face to face course in Water Testing that you can book onto, however the Level 2 Award in Pool Plant Operations covers Water Testing. The other 2 options for this are online training or onsite training.
The aim of this training programme is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to be able to competently carry out pool water testing and to understand how to interpret pool readings with reference to the appropriate parameters.
This programme is aimed at anyone who needs to be able to test pool water in any type of swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, spa pool or hot tub.
Lecture and interactive presentations to enable the learner to:
- Understand how pool operators provide a safe pool environment through careful control of pool chemical levels
- Know the essential tests to ensure good pool water quality
- Understand the different types of pool water testing equipment needed to ensure good quality pool water
- Carry out all the essential pool water tests to include free chlorine (or bromine), combined chlorine (and how it is derived from the total chlorine) and pH
- Understand the implications of the pool water readings
- Recognise when pool water readings fall outside the recommended range
- Understand the importance of good record keeping
The programme is assessed by completing a worksheet, the carrying out of pool water tests and the recording and analysis of the pool water tests.
Learners will participate in taught sessions, engage in question and answer sessions, complete exercises, problem solving, participate in a pool water testing workshop etc. and will complete a workbook which will be assessed.
This programme can be offered to support other programmes such as the JTL Hot Tub Operator Training Programme, and the JTL School Pool and Hydrotherapy Pool Operator Training Programme, and also helpful to volunteers who test pool water in community run pools.
Guided learning hours: The guided learning hours for this programme are: 4 hours.
The programme can be enhanced to include more detailed background information, additional material and exercises and site specific elements which increases the GLH to 6 hours.
This programme is externally endorsed, by Active IQ the leading awarding organisation in the active leisure sector, and also by CIMSPA, the Chartered Institute for the leisure industry.