Online JTL School and Hydrotherapy Pool Operator REFRESHER Training Programme
£150.00 (£180.00 Inc. VAT)
This programme has been designed specifically for school caretakers/janitors, therapists, engineers and operators of small commercial, school pools and hydrotherapy (aquatic therapy) pools.
School & Hydrotherapy Pools
JTL School and Hydrotherapy Pool Operator REFRESHER Training Programme
This course is for learners who have completed the JTL School and Hydrotherapy Pool Operator Training Programme up to 3 years ago, and now wish to refresh their knowledge. The course content is the same, but the assessment will be different from the original course. Please find below the details of the course content.
This online programme has been designed specifically for school caretakers/janitors, therapists, engineers and operators of small commercial, school pools and hydrotherapy (aquatic therapy) pools in order for them to develop the knowledge required to operate small pools, including pool water treatment, and an understanding of the various items of plant and equipment and the ability to both test the pool water, but also to interpret water test results and then to take the necessary action to correct the levels if so needed.
Aim: The aim of this programme is to provide the candidate with:
- knowledge of both the theory and practice of pool water treatment
- an understanding of the design and operation of their own pool plant including: the circulation, filtration, disinfection, pH correction and heating of pool water.
- an understanding of the principles of testing pool water and the ability to interpret water testing results and the actions required to restore ideal conditions
- an understanding of how to maintain water that is safe and pleasant to swim in.
- an appreciation of the technical requirements for ensuring safe and efficient operation of pool plant
- All candidates receive a full colour course manual in PDF form.
- There are no pre-requisites for candidates who wish to attend this programme.
- The course is assessed by completion of an end of course work- based assignment.
- Candidates who successfully complete the programme could progress on to the JTL Level 3 Pool Plant Operator Certificate course.
Guided learning hours
The guided learning hours for this programme are: 6 hours.
Lecture and interactive presentations to enable the learner to:
- Understand how pool operators provide a safe pool environment through careful control of pool chemical levels
- Know the essential tests to ensure good pool water quality
- Understand the different types of pool water testing equipment needed to ensure good quality pool water
- Carry out all the essential pool water tests to include free chlorine (or bromine), combined chlorine (and how it is derived from the total chlorine) and pH
- Understand the implications of the pool water readings
- Recognise when pool water readings fall outside the recommended range
- Understand the importance of good record keeping
- Understand the design concepts of the types of pools found in schools and hospitals etc.
- Understanding of the design and operation of the type of pool plant found in schools and hospitals (including filtration systems, automatic dosing systems, pH correction and heating of pool water.
- Understand the principles of operation of medium rate and high rate filters
- Understand how to backwash medium and high rate filters
- Understand how to maintain water that is in ‘balance’ and which is safe and pleasant to swim in.
The course is assessed by completion of an end of course work- based assignment.
This programme is externally endorsed by Active IQ, the leading awarding organisation in the active leisure sector, and also by CIMSPA, the Chartered Institute for the leisure industry.
100% of our customers recommend our courses